Amazon

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dan's Birthday Cake!

I was so excited when I was asked to do Dan's birthday cake. I was asked to do a camping theme which meant I got to play with fondant and create all sorts of neat little things. I had so much fun making this cake and I feel it is my best cake so far. For my first time this cake was half chocolate and half vanilla and I was so nervous about it because when I bought Jame's birthday cake a few years cake I got it half and half and it split down the middle. I didn't want this to happen to mine. This cake took me a total of three days and about 10-15 hours give or take of working time. I used fondant to cover the cake as well as for the creatures on the cake. Everything on this cake was 100% edible. I used vanilla icing to adhere the fondant to the cake! This cake was in no way perfect however its as close as I have gotten so far. There was a slight tear in the fondant on the back of the cake.
Everyone loved the cake I even got asked to make one for another friends birthday. It is a surprise so I am not going to say for who or what of.
I loved the look on everyone's face when they found out the tent was graham cracker lol. They had as much fun eating it as I did making it :)
Can't wait to start the next one!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment