Amazon

Saturday, April 2, 2011

closure and moving on!

When my Grandma passed away 4 years ago I was a mess. She was the women who hand a large hand in raising me. I lived with her on and off for most of life. I used to miss her so much I would pretend that she really wasn't gone, but now I only really miss her when someone happens in my life and I have this huge urge to call her and tell her all about it, I miss her hugs and the calming effect in them. I inherited all of her craft stuff and yarn. I use the yarn all the time; however the craft stuff I don't know even know what all I have. I haven't been able to sort it, to even get rid of the things that are no good. All of the items just keep getting moved from room to room to room and nothing ever happens to them. I couldn't get rid of any of the items because that would mean sorting through the items and that means I would have to admit that she really is gone. We have decided to start renoing the basement in the next couple of weeks, and having to move this stuff all over the house just isn't going to work anymore. I loved/love my grandmother but keeping all this stuff doesn't mean anything to her anymore its not protecting her or her memory. Last night I started the long process of going through all the stuff I found 30+ zippers I have never used zippers before lol and a teddy bear leg no other parts just the leg. I am giving away the craft stuff that is useful to anyone who needs or wants it. I am throwing out the trash which is a hard thing for me to do. I am keeping the stuff I use like all my painting stuff, all my yarn and crochet stuff. Its not an easy task emotional but I am keeping this stuff for all the wrong reasons!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment