Amazon

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

#parentingquote

 

 

 

 

https://quotefancy.com/quote/1046031/Danielle-Steel-Motherhood-is-not-for-the-faint-hearted-Frogs-skinned-knees-and-the

Like with any career raising children is one that consists of love, passion, frustration and pride.

We are raising small humans that are going to grow into what we hope are not going to be assholes.

I am not going to tell you it's the hardest career on earth, I will tell you though like any career there are ups and downs. I compare it to any career where you trying very hard to discover or develop something where you have roadblocks and bumps along the way and most of the time like astrophysics unless it's another astrophysicist, no one listens to you or even understands.

Just over a year ago I gained 3 more children making my house the loudest on the block.

We parent our children to learn by doing, by discovering what each of them can do by well, doing it!

Take our backyard for example. We have this amazing playset that I would have traded my sister for as a child. It has a slide and monkey bars and swings.  Do you think they play on it in any kind of what as a parent we would consider "safe"? NOPE!

They create "parkour", what is that you ask? Well, it's creating an obstacle course and jumping, climbing, running and leaping from one object to another. Lamens terms? Doing something that will give your mom a heart attack.

I have learned that similar to when launching your aircraft for the first time you just turn your back and hope that no one dies lol. Yes, I am only half-joking. We allow the children to do things "most" parents wouldn't because we want them to test their limits, to see how far they can push things and really what they are capable of.

If you never allow a child to make decisions (real ones), test their limits (yes even ones that will cause bumps and bruises) they will never grow into adults who will push the limits.

I dont mean breaking the law or hurting others, I mean pushing the limits and creating new ones.

Did you know that to some my children might look like they are doing "dangerous" climbing and jumping but what they are actually doing is physical education, coronation and spatial awareness, creativity, and pushing themselves mentally and physically.

Now, here's the catch I can't watch lol. My poor heart just can't take it.

Anyone else have children who are "active"?




No comments:

Post a Comment