Amazon

Monday, September 10, 2018

Pinterest: Sloppy Joe Sliders




I hate most things in a can, I hate most things I don't make from scratch because well when I make it from scratch I know what is going into it and it doesn't taste like the can. Connely has been requesting for WEEKS for sloppy joes because I have a can of it in the cupboard and I kept telling not unless I make it from scratch. Well I happened upon a cute recipe for MINI (Who doesn't love mini things) Sloppy Joes.

The recipe calls for:
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1/2 cup diced white onion
  • 1/2 cup seeded and diced green bell pepper
  • 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce (This is the only thing I use in a can because I do not can my own sauce anymore)
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
  • 2 teaspoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cumin (I couldn't find mine so I just left it out)
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper or to taste (optional)
  • fresh ground black pepper to taste
  • 12 slider buns I used King's Hawaiian Savory Butter Rolls (I used fresh bakery butter mini buns)
  • 1-1/2 cups shredded cheese (I used marble because that is what I had on hand)
  • 2 tablespoons butter melted
  • 1 tablespoon sesame seeds or as needed (I didn't use these because I didn't have any)


  • The full recipe can be found here.



    To say the buns I picked made this recipe is an understatement OMG the buttery taste mixed with the sloppy Joe taste was like heaven and this recipe is super simple and QUICK!!!

    This will be 100% added to my favorites list and it should be added to your must try list!





No comments:

Post a Comment