Amazon

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Mario Cake

Who isn't a fan of the Mario brothers, when I was very young I remember when my mom brought home the regular Nintendo, it was the first of its kind, we had an Atari, but this was really exciting. The game came with two games on it, duck hunt and Mario. I still remember the dogs laugh from Duck Hunt it was awesome. We were not allowed to play it often but when we did we had these awesome green fuzzy square chairs to sit in. I used to tell my sister to jump down the holes because she would gain lives, I just wanted it to be my turn faster :).

My mom used to spend nights playing it with her good friend Marnie, they would even lay in green chairs to play, well not like the controller were long enough to reach the couch.

We had a "Tube TV" the one you had to put on channel three in order to get the game system to work :) same thing to make the VCR work too.


I had fun making this cake and all the little figures and such. I tired to find toy action figures for the top of the cake with no luck so I had to make fondant ones. They still turned out pretty well, I like to use toys for the little kids cakes as it gives them something to hold on to and kids tend to enjoy it more than the edible figures but its not always possible.

I made one mistake with this cake and that was I forgot to put the question marks on the yellow blocks.




No comments:

Post a Comment