Amazon

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Richard-Travel Card

So for the first time in almost 6 years Richard is working travel away from home. He has worked away from home before, but never this far and never for this long. Richard is in Regina! He is working a job that will keep him away from for the next 6 months give or take.
I know how much help Richard has been to me while he's laid off and this year we have 4 foster dogs plus one of our own, and are starting renovations so things are very choatic right now to say the least.
The first day he left I was not able to be here one he left I was transporting a dog to Godrich for Friendly Giants Dog Rescue, we had to say our good byes in the afternoon. I hate when he leaves and I am not here to see him leave I am not sure why its harder that way, but it just is. I was a basket case I cried pretty much from the time I left to take the dog to her temp foster until I got home. I hated coming home and knowing he wasn't here. Sleeping alone well that was a first and it was not easy, the dogs made it a bit easier as all 5 of them cuddled me. I cried myself to sleep that night.
My second day was hard I cried on and off all day and kept myself as busy as I could (which isn't hard for me to do). I found nights where harder than days.
Tuesday Richard reached Regina him and his dad drove out together and will be working on the same job site so that made me feel a lot better knowing that his dad was with him.
Today (Wed) Richard started his first day on the job, I hated knowing that I didn't pack his lunch and who knew what he was taking for lunch.
Richard says its a lie its cold out there lol. He says that cold is cold weather it is wet or dry lol.
I have started to get myself and the dogs into a routine that is making it easier to bare Richard not being here.
I hope time goes by fast for now I am throwing myself into the dogs, friendly giants stuff, and school.
Richard hates being away from home as well, he is focusing on work, and trying not to think so much.
I am glad that we have Cogeco so I can call and talk to him anytime I want! Hes working 6 days a week so he is going to be a busy boy.
I know in the union they say work is work is work. Well that may be, but I like it way better when work is here lol.
I am grateful for having Len as a roommate as his help while Richard is away. I am hoping we can start the renovations soon, so I have a new project to work on!

Picture Richard sent from his phone

No comments:

Post a Comment