Amazon

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Jake(Adopted) June 2012

Jake has been in care since Christmas, he has needed a special forever home, one that could deal with this issues. There has been zero interest in him, until about a week ago there was a little bit of interest and the thought of him leaving here broke my heart, made me feel sick I didn't want him to go. So I decided to put in to adopt Jake. I am just waiting for my contract and then its a go. I love him to death. Of course leave it to me to want to keep one of my foster babies with so many issues lol. We start training on July 2nd and it is an eight week one on one training course and she will bring her personal dogs to meet Jake once she feels he is ready for that big step lol.

Jake came into care after being found by animal control tied to a tree with a shock collar around his neck. He had odd hairless patches on his body. He went for tests and no one could figure out what it was, soon he started to lose all of his fur all over his body he started to look like an old man it was so sad :(. He had dog on dog aggression with another foster dog in my care. We went for more testing and still nothing :(. After about a month or so he started to grow his fur back slowly, he wasn't all scabby anymore and was becoming more active. Dexter left for his forever home and I was consumed that Jake would turn his aggression on my personal dog, that never happened, once Dexter was gone Jake slowly become happy, playful almost like a different dog. He still has issues with other dogs, but with training I am sure that these issues will pass. He will steal things off the kitchen table including kids lego lol he is happy just chilling out or go for a walk or just whatever lol. His safe spot if our bathroom which is kinda weird. He has separation anxiety when left alone without my personal dog, but it is getting better. He opens doors with his nose. He has met children and could take them or leave them lol he has no real interest in them.

He is a great dog and just like my Ace even with issues I wouldn't trade him for the world.
Once Jakes training is finished I will be fostering again until then its all about working on Jaker mans issues!


No comments:

Post a Comment