Amazon

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Canning: Blueberry Jam

Another great, easy canning recipe from Pick Your Own. This time I made blueberry jam, I love blueberries!

I have posted the ingredients as always but you will need to follow this link for the directions.

Ingredients

  • Blueberries - 10 cups, or 2.25 liters, about 3.5 lbs, almost 1.75 kg) preferably fresh, but frozen (without syrup works, too)
  • Lemon juice - either fresh squeezed or bottled. 1/4 cup.
  • Water - 1/2 cup
  • Sugar - See step 6.  My favorite approach is to use the no-sugar needed pectin, but still add about 4.5 cups of dry, granulated (table) sugar. It is possible to make low-sugar,  fruit juice-sweetened, or Stevia (or if you prefer, Splenda)-sweetened blueberry jam; I'll point out the differences below.
  • Pectin (it's a natural product, made from apples and available at grocery stores (season - spring through late summer) and local "big box" stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment