Amazon

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Harley euthanized Oct 13, 2011

I am very heart broken and angry right now. I know I shouldn't blog when I am this big of a mess, but I need to get my feelings out, I know I should be careful about what I say because I might hurt someones feelings yeah well these animals have feelings as well. They can't speak words but they speak volumes in body language. Today I had to take Harley in to be euthanized I have never had to take an animal to do that. It was like he knew, he didn't want to get out of the car when we got to the vets office. I am heart broken because a sweet, loving, big ol baby lost his life today. I am angry because it was at human hands that he became the way he was. I heard on the radio today that an 84 year old women bit a 14 year old boy because he was tormenting her, maybe we should have her euthanized. Wait no we can't do that because of human rights. Harley has not bitten anyone but because a human taught him to guard and he did this very very well he had to be euthanized just in case he bit someone. When will we start to realize that animals have/need rights to. They are not disposable, they do not need to be taught to guard, just like us they will protect the ones they love. People wonder why some of us in the rescue world don't like many other people, well its because we have seen what people can and do do to animals. I know I haven't seen much compared to some of the other rescuers within Friendly Giants.  Having to have one dog euthanized is nothing compared to what they seen on a daily basis. I did everything I could do for Harley and I would have kept him, but there was a great chance that he would bite someone and then worse things could have happened to him and I couldn't live with that nor could I let him live his daily life muzzled that is not fair to such a beautiful animal.
Tonight my bed will be cold because he will not be curled up next to me and my heart missing a little piece because it is at rest with Harley!

No comments:

Post a Comment