Amazon

Friday, February 12, 2021

A magical week 4

 

 

 

 


Pretty sure all children LOVE unicorns, yes both boys and girls. Even though most little boys in the mainstream school system won't admit it for fear of bullying.

L picked unicorns as her theme for week 4. This unit was harder than I had thought it would. Especially finding content that is educational about unicorns. So much so that I gave up and we watched 2 unicorn videos about loving who we are for the way we are and being kind.

We did watch one video about the mythology of unicorns but I do have to say that even I was bored with it.

We built unicorns and made unicorn masks. I even found a boy unicorn mask so that Blaine didn't have flowers and was different from the girls.

How our days went with the unicorn unit.

8 am breakfast, get dressed, hair put the dirty laundry downstairs.

9 am either workbooks or worksheets. I alternate each day so the kids don't get bored with doing the same thing every day.

15-minute break. On this 15 min break, I get everything ready for the next activity, put laundry in, hand wash the dishes that need to be washed.

930am Journals and a letter book. (We started the letter books to help H learn her letters)

15-minute break outside. I empty the dishwasher and answer clients.

10:30 am Snack

10:45 am unicorn activity or video I fold and put away laundry while they are watching a video.

11:00 am They have free time to do whatever they would like (this amount of time depends on how long things took us.

In this "free time" I work on client orders and make lunch

12:00 pm LUNCH

12:30 pm reading. They each get to read their book with me and do the sight word cards as well as the sight word board. (The books and the sight word changes every three days)

1:15 PM They have until snack to free play. I sweep, clean up and work on client orders.

2:00 pm snack. I start dinner at this point.

15minutes outside.

Then they have until dinner to free play.

4:30 pm Dinner

5:30 pm walk dogs

6:00 pm start baths. When I start baths I get out the painting I have been working on and work on it while each child gets to play in the tub for 10mins.

7:00 pm snack, stories, teeth and bed.

At about 8:30 pm everyone is asleep, which means I get to work on client orders, cleaning, folding laundry and getting everything ready for the next day's schooling.

Here are links to the videos and activities that we did.

Video one

Video two

Video three

Girl unicorn mask

Boy unicorn mask

Build a unicorn

What interests have your children wanted to learn about?

No comments:

Post a Comment